Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yesterday was a pretty good day at Than's. I made double what I did last week in tips, and it was fairly busy most of the day. This couple who run a Subaru dealership in Wilder came in and the lady asked where I was from. I told her Nebraska, and she freaked out because she went to UNL! So we talked Lincoln for a bit, and she asked if I was still looking for other work. And now I have an interview tomorrow at 3:30pm to be a car salesman.

Anna went to Burlington yesterday, so I had no ride home after work. I decided to walk, as I had brought my digital camera to work with the intention of getting some pictures of the bar (this did not pan out due to the fact that nobody was there when I came in, the door was locked but not SHUT, and there was some drama between Christine and her dad).

There's a small bridge that connects downtown WRJ with the rest of town, over the White River. I saw this:I was a little confused as to how a branch got out on the power line, 30 feet from any tree in either direction over the river. I hope it grows.

Continuing on past the early "rush hour" traffic, there is a wonderful local landmark, the Shadylawn Motel:It's the center of all deviance in Rio Blanco, from drug deals to prostitution. At night the S and H are unlit, so it becomes the ADYLAWN MOTEL. As I was taking pictures of the building, several faces peered out the windows at me.

The Hartford Cemetary is just down the road, so I made a diversion in order to get some pictures of the place. Enjoy.




This dude was 12 during the American Revolution.

There's a CIVIL WAR memorial!

Kind of looks like Tricky.








I love the fascination with obelisks they had in the 19th century. Some sort of carryover from the distant past, Egyptian and Mesopotamian sculpture. I definitely want one looming over my grave, not some lame piece of shit 1 foot by 1 foot 6 inch high marker.


I was hoping for more mausoleums, but the two they do have are pretty sweet. Here is Dr. Curriers, whose glass windows have been broken by reckless hoodlums. I hope the good doctor's curse involves hair loss and ball shrinkage.


Kevin...?

Tell your children not to walk my way. Tell your children not to heed my words, what they mean what they say...


Can you keep them in the dark for life? Can you hide them from the waiting world? Oh...


I'm guessing the Selectmen are the local superhero group that patrols the streets of Hartford, doling out sweet justice to litterbugs.

Hope you enjoyed the pictorial tour of the Hartford Cemetary. There's more I could have taken, but I was alone and it was getting dark and old graveyards are kind of creepy.

Not to be a comment whore, but if you reading this blog feel free to toss me a comment here and there. I want to know who's reading, if anybody.

I will see you in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment