Monday, June 15, 2009

Last night I had a dream that I found out about an H.P. Lovecraft themed car in Lincoln. It was a cyclopean non-euclidean building (very fitting of course) with red neon hidden in the crevices of its facade. I can't recall the name of the bar.

Upon discovering it, I began calling all of the Vermillion dudes to celebrate by organizing a Cthulhu themed scavenger hunt. I would hide objects around town, and the clues would be fitting quotes from Lovecraft's work. Before I got started on that, I went to someone's house and sat in their basement. There were five large heating vents in the wall, and I was warned that he basement was haunted and that the ghost of a boy would often peer out at people from within the heating vents. I sat on a couch trying to brainstorm clues for the hunt, and kept seeing a shadowy figure in the ducts. I eventually woke up when my alarm rang.

After telling Steven and Cole about this via text, Steven encouraged me to open a Lovecraft bar. Here are some drink specials that would be served (credit to Steven for most of these)

Shadow Over Ginsmouth
Call of Kaluathu
Nyarlagertep
Dreams in the Icehouse
The Glenfidditch Horror
Pickman's Modelo Negro

Alright everyone, it's 1:45am. Last call...OF CTHULHU!

2 comments: